Even If A Food Is “Healthy,” It May Not Be Healthy For You!
Chronic health complaints such as digestive problems, headaches, joint and muscle pain, and fatigue are all symptoms that can result from our immune system’s reaction to foods, additives, or other substances in our diets.
Figuring out our sensitivities can be difficult using basic elimination diets. The reactions may be delayed or dose dependent, meaning we may not feel the effects of a reaction until many hours or days after we’ve eaten the reactive foods or until we have eaten enough of the reactive foods. Based on your tests results, I create an individualized eating plan to set you on your path to wellness. Two food sensitivity testing options are available for you:
KBMO FIT (food inflammation test) measures both IgG and Immune Complex containing C3d (IC-C3d) simultaneously to assess food sensitivities. Measuring both IgG and IC-C3d simultaneously generates twice the signal which improves the sensitivity. The FIT Test measures the sensitivity to 132 foods, colorings and additives spanning all major food groups. This test can be done in the comfort of your home since it uses blood from a finger prick. The lancet and all necessary supplies are included in the test.
Mediator Release Testing (MRT) is a patented blood test that quantifies how strongly your immune cells react to the 140 foods and 30 food chemicals tested by measuring intracellular mediator release indirectly. When released from immune cells, chemical mediators such as histamine, cytokines, and prostaglandins produce damaging effects on the body’s tissues, leading to the development of symptoms.
The following symptoms may be associated with food sensitivities:
- Digestive Complaints: diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, gas, distension,
- General Malaise (feeling lousy): fatigue, insomnia, restlessness,
- Emotional Mental State: depression, anxiety, brain fog, irritability
- Skin Problems: eczema, psoriasis, flushing, itchy skin, rosy cheeks
- Nasal/Sinus Issues: stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip, sinus pain
- Weight Management: food cravings, water retention, fluctuating weight
- Muscle/Joint Pain: aching, stiffness, pain