Even If A Food Is “Healthy,” It May Not Be Healthy For You!
Chronic health complaints such as digestive problems, headaches, joint and muscle pain, and fatigue are all symptoms that can result from our immune system’s reaction to foods, additives, or other substances in our diets.
Figuring out our sensitivities can be difficult using basic elimination diets. The reactions may be delayed or dose dependent, meaning we may not feel the effects of a reaction until many hours or days after we’ve eaten the reactive foods or until we have eaten enough of the reactive foods.
Mediator Release Testing (MRT) is a patented blood test that quantifies how strongly your immune cells react to the 120 foods and 30 food chemicals tested by measuring intracellular mediator release indirectly. When released from immune cells, chemical mediators such as histamine, cytokines, and prostaglandins produce damaging effects on the body’s tissues, leading to the development of symptoms. I will work with you to create an individualized eating plan based on your MRT results, which will set you on your path to wellness.
The following symptoms may be associated with food sensitivities:
- Digestive Complaints: diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, gas, distension,
- General Malaise (feeling lousy): fatigue, insomnia, restlessness,
- Emotional Mental State: depression, anxiety, brain fog, irritability
- Skin Problems: eczema, psoriasis, flushing, itchy skin, rosy cheeks
- Nasal/Sinus Issues: stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip, sinus pain
- Weight Management: food cravings, water retention, fluctuating weight
- Muscle/Joint Pain: aching, stiffness, pain